Lingerie, laughs & Lube.

12:50




If you don’t know me you’re probably thinking what on earth is she talking about… If you do know me, you’ll know I’m talking about Ann Summers! It’s a messy job, but someone has to do it! I had the pleasure of working there while studying my first two years of university in Birmingham, honestly one of the best jobs I’ve had including my current job!!

If you knew me around six or seven years ago you’ll know I wouldn’t have said boo to a goose, my girls from home would always want to go into Ann Summers and I’d run a mile… No idea why when I look back… Bloody weirdo! Anyway I moved to Birmingham for university and I couldn’t stand not having a job, one of my friends dragged me around town handing my CV out and it was the first place I walked into, I walked right up to Hannah one of the most amazing Ann Summers girls and after a brief chat I fell in love with her!

A couple of days later I had an interview, the night before I got quite tipsy and saw Fuse ODG no idea how I made it to the interview… It was the strangest and most fun experience ever… just like any other interview you’ve been to with a twist… I had a budget and within that budget I had to sell products and a scenario to the manager, when I look back I’m surprised Danni didn’t laugh in my face… I’d never in my life picked up a flogger yet I had to talk about why I loved it and why she needed it. Somehow I got the job!!


Ann Summers was not only a job for me but it was a stepping stone in creating this crazy person I am today, the girls that work there and the job itself just gives you this confidence in just being yourself, loving who you are and even every lump and bump. As soon as you walk into an Ann Summers you’ll feel at home, the girls will do their upmost to make you feel good about yourself and will most probably give you a tour of the shop showing you what they love.

Valentines day is coming up soon… not sure about you guys but I’ll be sitting around in my Ann Summers undies with a whole bottle of wine, discounted chocolate and a tub of my two much-loved men. Ben and Jerry, yum!! hahaha!! Valentines was always my favourite time of year to be in the store, I never had a relationship while working there so I guess you could say I never really put my discount to good use hahahahaha!! I did however love helping those poor guys who know noting about underwear yet wanting to treat their better half to something special! You guys were our favourite customers, coming into the shop showing us a picture and thinking we can guess her size! Good job they have a good exchange policy… or even the beauties wanting to surprise their Mr’s on valentines, so bloody cute!!


There are two teams within the Ann Summers staff or sexperts as they’re known, team lingerie and team toys so you know they’ll be an sexpert to help who knows exactly what they’re talking about and can help you get what need, even if you thought you could sneak in and out of the store unnoticed… you can’t! We see you!! We see everything!! They always have offers on in store and online and that’s what I love, any time of the year, it’s not like we need an excuse to buy new underwear but hey!!

A typical Ann Summers night out... Sorry not sorry!

To end on a funny high, I’ll let you in on 10 funny secrets/gonging’s on…
  1. We keep a box of rubber gloves behind the counter for those lovely attempted returns…
  2. Eating a bit of flavoured lube and body popping candy is a must on shift, keeps you going!
  3. Couples should know not to go in the fitting room together… hahaha!
  4. We both know that you need to take Buzz Fresh with that toy… HYGENE!!!!
  5. Kids run into store at least 20 times a day screaming DILDO or Have you got any condoms?! Really original guys…     
  6. Bringing your kids into the toy area is really not okay…
  7. If were telling you about the latest function of a rampant rabbit for your “girlfriend” we much prefer it when you’re not inappropriately touching yourself guys…
  8. An Ann Summers employee can tell your bra size just by looking at you. FACT.
  9. When the doors close we all try on all the new underwear for each other and say if it looks hot or not.
  10. Finally, when you tell people where you work and they immediately ask about your "naughty box"… Grow up! It's probably more like a walk in wardrobe. HAHAHA. Obviously joking you bloody prevs!!! 

Hope you guys enjoyed a little insight to my experience within the company! I sure did!! I miss my Sexperts to the moon and back… To anyone thinking of working for Ann Summers, do it! For anyone already a little Sexpert, continue to be the amazing you I know it can be tough but you've got this!!



Lots of love,
Just Saffron. 
XOXO

You Might Also Like

0 comments