Makeup Brushes & My Dupes

13:51



So for my first post I’d like talk about makeup brushes and branding as I brought some new ones the other day! Exciting!! I’m all for finding a bargain and I just love trying new things, plus the girls at work may have recommended that I try… Shhhhh! I brought seven new bits and bobs to add to my brush box and I wanted to show you how three of them compare to three of my favourites.


Firstly, we have the PS PRO Primark Blending brush, similar looking to the MAC oval 6 brush… Does it compare you ask? I would say it’s as soft as the MAC Oval 6 brush however it is not as dense and this means that it would soak up a little more product than we would like, which it did… Usually I grab my Real Techniques – expert face brush however trying this one for the first time I was pleasantly surprised!! I really love how effortlessly it glided over my face and seamlessly blended in my foundation!! It being slightly dense did mean that it was soaking up a little more of the product than I would like but it’s a £3 Primark brush… I’m not complaining!! Would definitely recommend to anyone for a full coverage flawless foundation brush.


Primark PS Pro Blending Brush - £3 
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - £21.00 (Boots) for a set. 

Next up we have the PS PRO (Primark again, can you tell I had a little spree in there… Sorry not sorry!) Smaller blending brush, this I would say was similar looking to the MAC oval 6 brush just slightly smaller. This I used for concealer when usually I would use my MAC #217 (favourite brush of all time!) In comparison, the Primark brush again surprised me! I really love how effortlessly it glided under my eye and seamlessly blended in my concealer. Again a nice full coverage, soaking up a little of the product still not complaining as it cost me £2.50!! Recommending again to anyone for a full coverage flawless concealer brush. Anyone also looking for an absolute bargain!!! 


MAC #217 - £20
Primark PS Pro Blending Brush - £2.50 

Finally, I visited a shop in Grand Central Station, Birmingham called HEMA, the most random shop I have walked into in a while nevertheless I found a makeup corner, now content I was mesmerised by how soft the 202 eye shadow blending brush was. Usually I reach for my Zoeva 228 luxe crease brush as is blends any eye shadow perfectly, the HEMA brush, slightly shorter, amazing for any size makeup bag! This also blended my incredibly well, the longer bristles I found made blending an absolute dream!!


Zoeva 228 luxe crease brush - £9
HEMA 202 eye shadow blending brush - £3.50

Overall it is safe to say I was a very happy bunny with my makeup brush haul, I would 100% recommend the dopes I purchased as you can’t complain on price or on ability of application. I will certainly be reaching for these brushes more often! Below is the look I created using my new Brushes. 



Eyes;
Urban Decay Electric Pallet – Thrash, Freak & Fringe
MAC – Glitter Pigment – Reflects Teal
MAC – No. 7 Lashes
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow – 

Skin;
MAC - Studio Fix Fluid
MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer 
MAC - Minerlize powder – Medium, Medium Dark & Medum Deep 
MAC – Extra Dimension Skinfinish -  Beaming Blush 

Lips;

MAC – Chicory Lip Liner & Mocha Lipstick

You Might Also Like

0 comments