Everyone has an eyebrow story…

13:28

Everyone has a brow story and this is mine. Back in high school it was deemed popular to pluck your eyebrows within an inch of their life… I say inch, however this wasn’t the case… I cant believe I’m telling you this… My eyebrows were plucked to a one hair thin, one hair thin in a straight line across my face…!! Ouch! Whyyyy?! Please tell me why!! Thank goodness we hardly took selfies back then!!



2011… Is when I started going out, eyebrows were growing back… thank goodness!! I can’t show you the full photo yet, I’ll save that for another day!


2013… First year of university, Special effects makeup. Coming from a small city to big scary Birmingham, I realised I had to up my brow game this when I started learning how important eyebrows were, apparently…! Who doesn’t love two Nike ticks drawn on their face??

2014… Second year of university, my cousin told me the other week she remembers me filling my eyebrows in like I was colouring in a box… why would I do that?!! I then acquired myself a fringe, obviously I needed to give those brows a break.

2015… Final year of university, first time I ever let someone else touch my brows, threading most definitely hurts I’ll tell you that. I’ve never had brows so good!!!! Starting my job at mac I certainly needed good brows!! The fringe saved my bacon!!

2016… It has been a long journey but we got there… moral of the story, we all have a brow story and we can achieve anything we put our minds too! I am thankful, lucky and blessed to have the brows I do! Not perfect at all, always being told to remember that they are sisters and not twins… Plus one always raises in pictures and it really frustrates me!!! Cry face!! However, I did it!! I graduated university with an average brow!! (I mean grade!!!).


How I do my brows…
(Apologies for the no makeup…)


Products used:
Real Techniques angled eyeliner brush (favourite for brows).
Tweezers
Spoolie/brow brush
Refectocil – Oxidant 3%/10vol
Refectocil – Eyelash & eyebrow tint

Method:

A half a pea sized dot of the tint mixed with 6-10 drops of oxidant until fully combined, then filling in my brows using my Real Techniques angled eyeliner brush I draw on where necessary to create a full even brow. Once you can see it’s beginning to oxadise you can remove excess or mistake product using a cotton bud and water & brush through hairs using a spoolie so that they are all coted evenly. Tweeze hairs that aren’t coloured or necessary (hate that mono brow…).

I'd absolutely love to hear if anyone has a brow story like mine! Would certainly make me feel better...!

You Might Also Like

0 comments