Less bitter, more GLITTER

07:37



I work in a free standing MAC store, unfortunately there are a few products that  you can only get online or in a Pro store… This just makes me what them moreeee!!! 

Fortunately however... We have been sent GLITTERS!!! Permanently I'd like to add!!!!! Can you tell I'm a little bit excited???? Glitter = one super duper excited and happy Saffron!! 

To celebrate I thought I'd write a post explaining different ways you can use glitter, I have teamed up on this post with a few of my favourite makeup artist from other brands so you can see what the other brands have to offer and different techniques you can use!! 

Gabriella at Nars @gfbetts said... With nars we don't really use glitter it isn't actually nars, we would use a spotlight dual intensity eyeshadow to create luminosity and dimension within a makeup.
I can certainly vouch for these eyeshadows, absolutely dreamy!

Jefferey from Bobbi brown @jeffery_creative said this... I like sparkle shadow from Bobbi and dazzle shadow from mac as they are easy to use and not messy at all, the best tool is your finger simple sweep across your eyelid to give instant effect. In terns of loose glitter I have no preference with brand. I tend use cream products as a base such as concealer or a paint pot to help to hold the products. I like to mix glitters with clear lip gloss to create your own customisable shimmer glitter lip gloss! 
Some fantastic inspiration there Jeff! Thank you very much!! 

Henna from MAC Cosmetics @makeupbyhenna stated that... I like/prefer more of a scattered glitter look on they eyes as it 'twinkles' when it catches the light so I find that once I've applied the eye shadow, I use NYX glitter glue using a small flat brush and gently apply to the lid using by a tapping motion, then I get a fluffy brush like a mac #217 pick up the glitter (tapping of excess glitter) then apply (again light handed) to the lids, if you press too hard you'll find that you will get a clump of glitter in one area. The glitters I like to use apart from mac are Bella peair and certifeye glitters. 
Henna knows her glitters I can promise you that!! 



Jenny working for Urban Decay @jennsartistry said that... I don’t really have any quirky ways of using glitter. Since starting at urban I haven't used anything else but the heavy metal glitter liners. No hassle with fall out!! Even with glitter glue or mixing medium I used to always get fall out. 
Jen is absolutely amazing at anything technical!!! 

I’m now going to throw my two cents in and say that I would use glitter in any which way possible… Glitter is my favourite colour after all! For the eyes however I like to use the MAC Cosmetics water mixing medium, i’ve tried the gel mixing medium and find that the glitter can loose its sparkle. The water however is amazing! I place the water on the back of my hand then using a flat brush to place on the eyelid where needed. To add the sparkle I will use a fluffy a MAC #217 tapping off the excess then lightly dusting on the loose glitter to the lid, building up where necessary. I love ANY brand of glitter, glitter is GLITTER! 

I'm also going to mention some health and safety when thinking about using glitter. The main reason we want to use glitter at this time of year is for use around the eye area so please be safe! How are you supposed to read my blog posts if you get glitter in your eye!! Selfish!! 

Firstly make sure that you are using a cosmetic glitter, not just any craft glitter or one you found cheap on eBay! Don’t save pennies when it comes to your safety! Some craft glitters can be made from a type of metal whereas cosmetic glitters are made out of plastic or some form of polyester. By using the right glitter you are reducing the risk of serious cornea scratches or abrasions. 

Most craft glitters have a poly coated dye which can leak out when in contact with moisture from your eye, glitter glues or even mixing mediums. Whereas the pigment used in cosmetic grade glitters are non toxic.

Some top secret glitter gossip!!! Apparently glitter is a forensic scientist wet dream! If you’re wearing glitter when committing a crime they’ll find you! Glitter it that unique! Also a little disclaimer… I may have to unfriend you if you’ve brought into those pills that supposably make your poop glittery… really? EW! Shame on you!!



If you do however manage to get glitter into the eye here are some steps to follow…

Wash your hands with hot soapy water for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Don't ever touch your eye with dirty hands.
Close your eyes for 5 to 10 seconds, then blink several times, to try to let the eye attempt to naturally "wash" the glitter out. This usually works for a single piece of glitter that has fallen in the eye. If this doesn't work,  I’m sorry but that beautiful eye masterpiece you’ve created is going too have to be washed away… Use water to try to gently rinse out the piece of glitter.


Don't rub or scratch your eye if you have glitter in it. Rubbing the eye can cause the glitter to scratch the eye, which can cause cause permanent injury to the eye or introduce an infection which can cause temporary or permanent blindness.

I'm also not going to apologise for saying the word glitter over 47 times! sorry not sorry! 

I hope you found this helpful or interesting to say the least! 
As you know I'm sure, don't restrict yourself with just the eyes when it comes to glitter, you've got a whole body to cover… 
(pervy smiley face)

Always a pleasure guys!
Lots of love!
Just Saffron!

Xxx 

You Might Also Like

0 comments