Tips, tricks, and habits for a productive happy life.

01:57



I get asked a lot… Why are you so happy and positive all of the time?! Well, the truth is… I'm not, no one is super happy 24/7, I believe that I am 99.9% of the time and I think that's the perfect amount for me! I wanted to share with you some of the things I do to keep myself happy, positive and proactive… 

Wake up earlier, Seize the day! Make sure you're getting those 8 important hours of sleep! You'll get more done within your day by just waking up that extra hour or so! It will set the tone for the rest of your day, getting your body into a routine can be hard to begin with, it will get easier I promise! Before I go to bed I'll set my alarm then firstly I turn that snooze off, then it goes into do not disturb mode! This just stops your phone from flashing and buzzing while you're trying to sleep but still sets your alarm! Finally, my phone goes on charge and it lives on the other side of my room so I have to physically pull myself out of bed in the morning! Preparing for the next day! This includes setting your outfit or workout outfits ready for the day, it will help to a smoother start! It'll hopefully get you excited to get up! Have a morning routine, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and my most favorite! 

Do something every day that scares you…

Prep your meals! This will change your life, not only will it help you if you're dieting but it will also help if you want to save money, stopping us eating that junk we think we love, making you feel better, it also makes going out for food an actual treat! It also helps for when you get home from work and you're feeling mega lazy, we've all been there… we pick up the phone and call our loved ones… my one true love… Dominos! Have designated days to meal prep for your week, label your tubs and fridge and freezer them up!

I can't control everything in my life but I can control what I put in my body. The body achieves what the mind believes. 

Read more! Reading books or just listening to an audio book can not only help you drift off to the land of nod but it also makes a difference to how we speak how we communicate with one another, it can be any book! Try reading a couple of chapters at least a couple of times a week! Keeping your brain active will help you concentrate on day to day activities. 

There's this moment… when you're reading a book and you loose yourself, you become a part of the book and the whole world around you does not exist anymore. 

Budgeting your month! Or week… however, you prefer! Work out your money that you have coming in each month, then decide on your necessities (rent/bills), whatever you have left you can divide by week or days to cover food shops and other things to keep yourself alive. Whatever you have left then can be popped into a savings account or freeze it… this one is something 100% I need to focus more on, I'm bloody awful with money!! When you actually start looking at what you're spending your money on it will make you feel soooooo guilty… I can't help it that I love buying makeup… it's an actual addiction I swear! You could even spreadsheet this! Whatever works for you, not looking at your account regularly is like hiding your head in the sand and just expecting it all to be okay at the end of the month… trust me it's not okay!

Whoops… I brought Prosecco instead of milk again!

Go for a walk! Or a run or the gym! Fresh air is sooooo good for us! Exercise releases endorphins, releasing these endorphins relieves stress, anxiety's and even depression, if you can't spare 30 minutes three times a week why not spare 10? 10 will turn into 20 and 20 into 30! Things will start to look up I promise! Breathing in fresh air will let you feel alive and just taking this small amount of time for yourself will change your perspective on things!

Something I like to do while I'm walking around is say one nice thing about everyone I see, I don't think I've ever actually told anyone this and it seems weird typing it but doing this makes me feel like a better person and makes my day a lot brighter.

Take a day! This one day a week is where you get your sugar together! No not literally get your sugar rounded up! I mean take this day to do you! This will keep you on top of everything week to week, have a pamper day, go get that wax! Wash, iron and clean! Clean those makeup brushes, plan your week, plan your budget! Prep those meals! Reply to those emails!

Tidy draws… Tidy mind…

Inspire yourself every day! Create a playlist that gets that booty shaking, there are so many music apps out there like apple music, Deezer or even Spotify that know us better than we know ourselves! Save inspirational quotes or photos! Write lists! Write down your feelings! This one really helps me, if I'm feeling stressed or anxious about something I write it down until I'm ready to confront it, this way it doesn't hide in the back of my mind and make me explode like a ticking time bomb. Tell your friends about your day/week or even your hot date! 

Remember… it could always be worse!

I'd love to know your tips and tricks to a happy healthy life are! 
Drop me a message!!

Lots of love,
Just Saffron. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments